Vanilla S’mores Cake
This cake is so easy you can make it any time.
Servings: 10 People
- Food Chopper
- 1 Box French Vanilla Cake Mix Cook for directions
- 1/2 Box Jello Vanilla Instant Pudding Add to cake mix for extra moisture and flavor
- 1 Bowl Vanilla Pudding Icing See recipe below
- 2 Packs Graham Crackers For sides of cake
- 3 Bars Hershey's Chocolate Bars Melted for drizzles
- 3 Marshmallows However you would like to use for decoration
- 1/4 bag Vanilla Chocolate Chips For texture in cake batter
- Bake cake per box directions. If using the Vanilla Pudding Icing recipe, use 1/2 box left of the Jello Vanilla Instant Pudding in the mix to add extra moisture and flavor to the boxed cake. I also add vanilla chocolate chips to the batter in the pan for texture.
- Ice with the Vanilla icing.
- Pulse the graham crackers in a food chopper to get thin cracker crumbs. Add to the sides of the iced cake. The more the merrier! They add great flavor when mixed with the icing plus they're yummy!
- Decorate with melted chocolate, marshmallows (heat for 10 seconds but be careful with young kids, they get REALLY sticky!), and some whole or broken graham crackers on top.
I recommend using my Vanilla Pudding Icing for this recipe. It holds perfectly. This cake would also be great with some chocolate fudge icing inside!
Vanilla Pudding Icing
Simple cream cheese based icing that pack huge flavor!
Servings: 1 8″ Cake
- Stand Mixer with Wisk
- 1 8 oz. Cream Cheese No need to soften
- 1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter Softened You can use salted butter if it is all you have.
- 1/2 Box Jello Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract I prefer the premium flavor for my icings.
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Add the cream cheese to the stand mixer and wisk on high for about 30 seconds until creamy.
- Add in softened butter and mix with cream cheese until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Add in vanilla extract and vanilla pudding (1/2 box – the other half you can add to your cake mix, it helps moisten the cake) and beat on high 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix on high for about 1-2 minuted until fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl halfway through.
- *Add more milk if you'd like a thinner consistency but be careful not to add too much at once!
23 / 100 SEO Score