Vanilla Pudding Icing
- Stand Mixer with Wisk
- 1 8 oz. Cream Cheese No need to soften
- 1 Stick (1/2 Cup) Unsalted Butter Softened You can use salted butter if it is all you have.
- 1/2 Box Jello Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 1 Cup Confectioners Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract I prefer the premium flavor for my icings.
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
- Add the cream cheese to the stand mixer and wisk on high for about 30 seconds until creamy.
- Add in softened butter and mix with cream cheese until incorporated, about 30 seconds.
- Add in vanilla extract and vanilla pudding (1/2 box – the other half you can add to your cake mix, it helps moisten the cake) and beat on high 30 seconds.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix on high for about 1-2 minuted until fluffy, scraping the sides of the bowl halfway through.
- *Add more milk if you'd like a thinner consistency but be careful not to add too much at once!
This is a recipe I made up for my S’mores cake I made. I am a huge fan of cream cheese icing, but it was not the exact flavor I was looking for with the came I was making. I wanted a vanilla pudding icing, but everything I found left me unimpressed. They all had the same ingredients, cool whip and vanilla pudding mix.
Don’t get me wrong… I am a fan of simple. I’ll take simple any day, but I did not want a loose icing for this as I was using it as the filling and icing. This icing will be stiff enough to do some cool decorating, and still have stability to use as a filling as well.
The best part? It is literally amazing. Flavorful, not just pretty. You will want to lick the bowl because it tastes just like the Vanilla Pudding flavor!