The 2017 New York Baby Show, on May 20 & 21 at Pier 94 in NYC will once again be the largest show for new and expectant parents in the country!
We didn’t get to attend last year unfortunately, but the year before, I had a blast. My kids were all behaved, so I think that helped a bit 😀.
You can expect to see a ton of vendors, amazing deals on baby/child products, and sneak peaks of items new to market… check out my previous year review of the NY Baby Show.
Now in its 7th year, no other event provides a better experience for thousands of expectant and new families from New York and neighboring counties, seeking a family-friendly jamboree of top brands, great speakers and seminars, big giveaways, and lots of learning, support, bonding, and fun as you make your way into parenthood.
I am giving away tickets for you and your family to experience the show. I have just 10 tickets (family or individual) to give away, first come first serve. Family tickets cover up to 2 adults and 4 children per ticket!
If you did not score a FREE ticket, make sure to use my 50% off code good on any ticket!
Normal ticket price is $30 per family (for 2 adults and up to 4 children), and $20 per individual.
Blogger Bash 2016 kicked off this this last week, Just 13th & 14th. What exactly is Blogger Bash? Basically just what it sounds like. An event where bloggers an vloggers. new and old, come together to see the new technology and products that brands have to offer. This is packed into 2 fun filled days, literally PACKED days with an Agenda filling pages not just 1 page.
As you may remember, I posted from last year, and we had a blast there! Last year it was at one of the NYC Piers, and it was in a large area inside. This year it was on a huge Yacht!
Being on the Yacht in NYC on the Hudson brought something special… besides motion sickness lol! It was beautiful to be able to navigate the levels of the ship (there were 4 if you include the top deck!) Each level was themed out each day, and day 1 was Sweet Suite.
This is one even I cannot miss! Having young boys, and with Christmas less then 6 months away, I need to know the latest and greatest coming out. Funny to say, I actually enjoy it myself, playing with the toys and learning about the latest technology. Did you know they have 3D drawing tools for children? Me neither until sweet suite. Of course now I’m on a mission to add these to the list of toys Santa will be bringing this year so that I can play with it too LOL!
My sister and I got there a couple hours after it started, but we were pleasantly surprised that everything was still in full swing. It was much simpler then I thought getting there, we took the Train from NJ, and were able to walk from Penn Station to the Pier 81 Yacht in just a half our. We got a great workout too and ahem… were able to play Pokemon since it’s all the craze (hint, you HAVE to check out all of the Pokestops in Time Square!)
After Sweet Suite, we went back home, and were ready to get some sleep before making the trip all over again the next day. Day 2 we were in for a real treat! Each level, once again was themed out. There were time slots in which the rooms were switched, and they included Kate & Mim Mim hosted breakfast, complete with character setup and behind the scenes information. We didn’t make the breakfast, but it seemed fantastic!
There was Baby Palooza set up, which I am sad to have missed also, but since I don’t have any infants, I wasn’t in a rush to make it there. It looked like it was super brand packed this year thought with brands likes 4Moms at the top of the list. I opted to get right into talking to the brands since that’s the biggest bang for my buck. Having all of these brands in the same space, just tables apart was the icing on the cake (did I mention talking to them while I literally ate cake? hint hint, Sprinkles cupcakes were one of the brands and OMG that Red Velvet, I’m Drooling now). My favorite brands that I got to chat with were Kohler, did you know that they have a toilet that basically runs itself? No touch, not nothing… Not even wiping if you don’t want to lol. Coming from a Home Depot background, I thought the new innovative technology they have is just awesome. The price point is not unfortunatly… There was Little Bites, Entemanns, Picture Keepers, Sprinkles Cupcakes, of course Hasbro – YES this was a favorite with the new Pie Face Dual coming out this year! There were brands nothing to do with toys, just brands brands brands! It was so overwhelming that I couldn’t get to visit every stand, 3 levels of brands there had to be over 500! Taking cards and giving cards, making brand connections and friendships with PR’s.
Peanuts hosted the lunch like they did last year. They have a brand new cartoon series on Cartoon Network keeping Snoopy and the gang relevant. They gave such cute SWAG bags that included Snoopy figurines that my 4 year old went nuts for when I got home. The lunch was amazing, Salmon, Chicken Marsala, an amazing sides. Mimosas on deck, literally!
To end things before I had to leave, Snooki and Jwow did an appearance and interview and I had front row seats. I’ve always watched them since the Jersey shore days (no judgement please!) an it was awesome to see them in person. Snooki is much smaller then I imagined!
If you have the chance to get a Blogger Bash 2017 ticket, my advice.. DO IT!
Baby Registries are so much fun.. You get a cute little scan gun and have as much time as you can afford to walk around and beam the little light onto anything you find adorable (that is the word you will undoubtedly blurt out a lot). The problem is, everything is adorable. By the time you are finished in the store, you’ll have a list much bigger then what you need, and most people will be purchasing for your baby shower based on that coveted list. So what do you NEED and what can you live without?Aside from the obvious large items like the Crib, Bouncer, Swing, and Pack & Play, I did a poll with over 100 moms from around the country and here is how they weighed in!
1. Nasal Aspirator – You will realize quickly that boogers are nothing to be afraid of and you’ll see, touch, and probably smear on clothes more then you are prepared for. Having a nasal aspirator handy is a must. Your little one has nostrils that are too tiny for a finger or a piece of tissue, and you’ll need something to “get up in there” to give them relief of their boogies. It is something that most moms do not think they’ll use as much as they really will. A “boogey snatcher” was on the Must Have list of majority of the moms polled. More specifically the Baby Nose Frida. This item is new to me and quite honestly, it seems a bit odd for me to literally suck the snot out of my childs nose with my mouth, but I got one to try and i’ll be adding a video here once I do. Better yet, I have one for YOU to try it out yourself! Enter now to win your own Nose Frida and see what the fuss is about ~ENTER TO WIN NOW!
Giveaway Contest Runs 6/17-6/24
2. Aden and Anais swaddle blankets – These swaddle blankets are a life saver. Literally. They are made of a breathable fabric and even if pressed tightly to your nose, you would be able to breath through them. This is something that is very important to me and made me feel comfortable enough with them to only use these swaddle blankets with my children. Not only are they breathable, but they swaddle so perfectly and snug that they compare to the hospital blanket swaddle you get. As a perk, they have adorable (there’s that word again) designs to choose from.
3. Diapers – I know they’re not “adorable” and I know you probably think you’ll get enough without adding to your registry but think again. This is probably the item you should have multiple of on your registry. Include a few of each size in large cases instead of little packs. Stay away from newborn size because your baby may not get to fit in them for very long .
4. Bibs/Washcloths – Having a bunch of bibs and washcloths on hand is always a good idea. You will be going through more of these then you could imagine. They have so many with fun little sayings, but leave those for family or close friends to grab on their own. For your registry, add the large colorful or all white packs that anyone can buy as a gift or an add on gift, they’ll definitely be put to good use.
5. Snap & Go Stroller – A Universal Snap & Go stroller is a wonderful little known item. It can be used with multiple brands of infant car seats, and it is much more compact then a typical travel stroller. The frame itself is more narrow, making it easier to navigate small store aisles. Most will snap closed with just one hand and weight much less then a stroller.
1. Diaper Genie – This seems like such a clever product until you actually try to use it for the first time. There is a small hole that you’re expected to cram a smelly, squishy, diaper through and then wait until it’s filled up with smelly, squishy diapers and then you throw them out. You soon realize, that it’s more money and effort then it’s worth, because the diapers aren’t the only reason your house smells like poop, it’s the initial pooping act that smelled it up to begin with, and ultimately, they wind up in the garbage anyway. In my house, we always just saved the grocery store plastic bags and used them to tightly seal the dirty diaper before tossing into the garbage. It worked just fine and saved money on refills.
2. Fancy Spa Tub – As tempting it may be to get your little bubba baby the best that money can buy, you’re really not getting your money’s worth with the fancy smancy tubs. The shower and jet sections of the tubs are actually vulnerable to mold and bacteria. Babies love the water, but it’s not all about fun bath time until they’re actually old enough to graduate to a tub seat (I recommend one of these strongly). The cheaper plastic tub with the newborn sling and the flower petals seem to be the more popular choice and will do just fine for a newborn. Save yourself the money and don’t splurge in this area.
3. Wipes Warmer – Although I’ll have to admit, it has got to be pretty uncomfortable to have a cold wipe touching your behind, it can’t be much worse then what was on it prior to the cold wipe. I got a wipes warmer at my baby shower and I was so excited to plug it in and heat up my first batch of wipes. I soon realized, there was much more to the wipes warmer then just plopping the wipes in and having a perfect temperature wipe as a result. Like the fact that if you don’t keep the inside moist, your wipes will be dried out and even get burnt. There is an electrical shock warning, and I’ve heard stories about being shocked by them. These are more of a hassle then they’re worth, and your baby will have a love/hate relationship with diaper changes weather the wipes are warm or cold.
4. Clothes – Putting baby clothes on your registry may seen fun at the time, but it’ll wind up just being a page clutter and making your registry more lengthy then it needs to be. The fact is, not all stores carry the same clothes, and not all clothes can be easily found. Don’t drive your family and friends nuts by adding every adorable (yep, that word again) outfit that you see to your registry. Odds are you’ll get some gift cards and be able to use them for the cute outfits you REALLY want.
5. Bottle Sterilizer – This just really takes up space. In essence, the thought of an item that quickly and effectively sterilizes your newborns bottles and pacifiers without having to hand wash is great. The issue is, this is another case of more hassle then it’s worth and you soon realize you can use boiled water to sterilize these items as you need. The Sterilizers themselves need upkeep to prevent them from getting mildew and mold and you wind up having to clean them.
This list is a compilation of items that aren’t necessarily “Adorable”, but tried and true moms have found to be useful (or NOT). As with anything these days, commercials and advertising can sway your opinion and isn’t always in your best interest when it comes to your wallet. You want to make sure you get things you’ll actually use and since baby stuff will soon fill up your home, you’ll want to keep the unnecessary items to a minimum.
One thing most people don’t know is that after your baby shower date on your registry, Babies R’ Us will give you a special offer for a percentage off anything still left on your registry. That includes diapers, wipes, bottles, you name it. Having items on your registry that you REALLY need will save you money in the long run, even if people do not purchase it all – you can use gift cards to get the rest with the discount!
A little extra;
I haven’t tried one of these yet, but iAngelUSA would like to offer my blog readers a special promotional discount code when you purchase an iAngel hipseat carrier through their website iAngelUSA.com
In addition, with your purchase, we will include a set of organic teething pads, a sleeping hood, free shippingAND an additional $10 off any hipseat carrieron our website (over a $50 value!).
All you need to do is use the discount code ANGELME10 when you check out.
I hope this list gives you some insight on your registry and most important, HAVE FUN and enjoy your baby bump!
I am super excited for this years Brooklyn Baby & Family Expo! If you haven’t heard of it, I suggest you look into it ASAP!
They will have tons of awesome prizes, interactive demonstrations, advice from Brooklyn parenting experts, kid-friendly entertainment, and access to community resources that make raising kids in NYC a whole lot easier. Oh, and FREE childcare and food and drink!
Join us for A Child Grows in Brooklyn’s 4th Annual Brooklyn Baby & Family Expo, taking place April 19, 2015 at St. Francis College in Brooklyn Heights! Doors will open to media and VIP ticket holders at 10:30 a.m. (open to all other ticket holders at 11:00 a.m.) and will close at 3:30 p.m. Seminars, Demos, Music and Entertainment line-up will be announced in the coming weeks. Be sure to sign up for our newsletter so you’re the first to hear all the amazing details!
Brooklyn’s premier family event is returning April 19, 2015 for new, expectant and seasoned parents of children up to age 8. Bring the whole family to enjoy the day! Enjoy FREE snacks & beverages, FREE childcare and family concerts! Seminars throughout the day!
Connect with Parents • Sample Products • Attend Seminars • Bring Your Family • Win Prizes
Learn about best parenting resources, sleep, baby and child gear, greening your home, schools, how to hire a nanny, daycares, caring for yourself, children’s health and more. Get fabulous raffle prizes (strollers, car seats, carriers, high chairs, scooters, school supplies, toys, games, and more!)
Are you going?!I am going to extend a special 15% discount to my readersl. You can use this code: bloggerfriends when purchasing tickets.