We are no strangers to Bookroo’s monthly subscription program. In fact, my son remembers how fun it was to unveil the books the last time he got a shipment, check out my previous post from a couple years back.
This is a great gift idea for little ones and older kids as well. They have board books as well as paperback and all are quality books worth every penny of the monthly fee you will be paying for them. The wrapping paper that they come wrapped in is worth that much alone!
Imagine the faces one the kids wheb they get their monthly package in the mail with two books to unwrap. Just watch my 5 year olds reaction to the “gifts” he got!
What’s even better is the fact that this makes him want to try reading and creates an excitement around the possibility of books. Personally, we have so many books that I like to donate books when we are done with them, but these we tend to keep because they’re special!
Right now they have a GREAT Cyber Monday deal going on for 25% off you order by tomorrow 11/27!
BFJERSEY for 25% off any multi-month subscription (3,6, or 12 months)
One redemption per family. Valid for new customers only. Existing customers may use for the purchase of one gift subscription.
It’s finally here! This is the most exciting time of year for me. I love shopping, and you don’t get any better deals then the holiday season. Funny enough, I am about 85% done with my shopping for Christmas for my kids. I still have some family members to get for, and I know there will be some great deals coming so I purposely saved the other 15% for this month. How far along are you on your Holiday shopping? Let me know in the comments below!
I have a giveaway on some of these amazing items, so read all the way through to enter!
Keep in mind, my list is based off of my boys that are ages 7 and 3 1/2 years old.
10. Lego Duplo – Lego did a great job releasing these new age legos. They are chunky enough so mommy and daddy don’t step on them (as much) and little hands can grab and play with ease. They also fit on standard Lego tables and bases. My favorite thing about Lego Duplo is that the guides are so simple for my little ones to follow along to build the themes. There are always great deals on these sets online, so keep an eye out!
9. Pie Face Game – By now, I am sure you’ve seen the adorable video of the little boy playing the new Pie Face Game with his grandfather. I think it was from another country, but they have now brought it to the U.S! They actually use the you tube video as a clip in the commercial which is so cute. This is a game that went viral, and is now going universal! I picked one up online, but we haven’t opened it yet. I am saving it for Christmas to open but I cannot wait. I can envision countless hours of family fun that even my 3 year old will enjoy.
8. Tamagochi – Yes, Tomagochi’s are BACK for 2015! You can find them on Amazon. I am not sure if they are the same one’s from when I was younger, but hey, any little digital pet that you can carry around in your pocket and pass on to a family member to watch while you’re busy is good in my book! Boy or Girl, this will keep them occupied, I promise!
7. Disney/Pixar Movies – My boys have seen tons of Disney movies in their lives, but this year we have not gotten to go to the movies to check out many of the new ones, like Inside Out or Minions. I personally have been itching to watch them, but have held back hehe! I am planning to add at least one of them to our Christmas Eve tradition box to watch on Christmas Eve. They also make great additional stocking-stuffers. There is a great referral deal going on for 5 Blu-Ray movies for $1. See my full review of the Disney Movie Club by clicking the name.
6. Girl Scout Cookie Easy Bake Oven – There are so many things I can say about this one. I have taste tested the cookies from this magical appliance and it is true. They make girl scout cookies. All, year, round. So although this is a gift for your little one, it’s OK if it’s our secret that it’s really for you. Let me know if you’ve tried it yet.
5. Uncle Milton Star Wars Light Saber Crystal Growing Kit– This is something fun for kids to learn how things grow. It is especially great that it is Star Wars theme. With the brand new movie coming out this Holiday season, I foresee this being a big hit for all of the new little star wars fans. It’s great because not only is it a fun learning experience, but after the crystals are grown and dried, it is a great nightlight for their room and can glow red or blue. It does take a little patience because it isn’t something that has instant gratification, it grows over a period of 7 days and then has to dry for 1. Check out the review of this I did with my boys recently by clicking the name above..
4. Magic Moves Rainbow Jam –
There is one toy that hasn’t gotten a lot of the spotlight that I think is great for young children, toddlers especially. The Magic Moves Rainbow Jam. My 3 year old and my 7 year old had so much fun playing with this Educational Insights toy. The toy itself is simple. You turn it on, and it tells you the colors of items within the book. The most fun part about it, is the kids ran all over the house checking out the color of everything including themselves and the dog! It was amazing seeing them run around together with the biggest smiles on their faces. They took it outside afterwards and continued doing the same, running around, pushing the toy to an item, and then laughing at the result. The toy has 2 different options as well, one will sing songs about colors and one will tell you about specific colors. Also by educational insights, there is a Geo Safari Jungle Crew Lab set. This is really cool as well because it has a book that outlines different science projects the children can safely create with parental assistance. I think my boys enjoyed this as we did the “Lava lamp” experiment, but there were a lot that were too involved at the moment we did not try. I plan to open the book up again soon to test some more out with them. Maybe I’ll get some cheap googles and lab coats too!
3. Plasma Car – This is such a cool toy for kids of any age! My 3 year old struggles to push his bike forward using the peddles on his tricycle, but he has mastered the Plasma car. They use their hands and feet to steer and push the Plasma Car to wherever they want to go. It is so simple, yet fun for hours for all of the kids because it is so different then what they’re used to. We plan to take ours to the park soon to see how fast they can go in it since we’ve only used it in the driveway. They also have a toy called “Kick Flipper” which is a nifty little toy that kids can learn and do skateboarding tricks without the risk of falling from skateboard wheels. Check it out by clicking the name!
2. Just Dance 2016 Wii U – This game is really great for the entire family. Sure there are a lot of new age songs, but it’s unlimited fun. Not only can you barrel through stages as the older versions allow, but you can also verse other players via the game pad camera! How cool is that/ Make and create a video of yourself dancing away and getting the crown, and share it with out of town family or friends to verse them, or just pick a random partner to verse. There are some songs I wish were on this, like the popular Whip & Naye Naye, but who knows, maybe they’ll have an update with new popular songs song – Ahem.. hint, hint to Ubisoft! They also have Just Dance Disney 2 which is great for younger children an my 3 year old enjoys learning new moves.
Mario Maker for Wii U – They released this game just a bit too early in my opinion. The hype has died down a bit, and it isn’t on top of everyone’s mind to a to the Christmas list. If your child or significant other has a Wii U and has yet to get the new Mario Maker game, GET IT! This game will bring back memories from your childhood dreams, You can make and create almost every version of Mario, back to #1 in the 80’s. As a child, I’d always imagine what it would be like to create a Mario level, and this is everything I ever thought it would be. Enough about me, my 7 year old has this game and LOVES it. MY husband an my 3 year old love it as well.
I didn’t add this in my top 10 round up, but another great idea for a gift for your child or a friends child is a subscription to Bookroo. I did a review of this a while back, and it is a fun way to extend presents year round. There is a special code you can use for a discount via my original post. You can also unsubscribe at any time. Click here to join now! http://bit.ly/1NrCdmz
OK, so for the giveaway…. Drumroll . . . . . .
I will be giving away;
1 copy each of Just Dance 2016 AND Just Dance Disney 2 for Wii U only
I had an opportunity to check out the new children’s book subscription service from Bookroo.com this past month. I have not heard of this subscription service before, but thought it was a great idea and would fit my family well being that I have a 3 year old and a 7 year old. My 7 year old is at the age where he is loving showing off his reading skills, and conveniently enough, my 3 year old is at the age where he loves being read books. So for me, this was a no-brainer to try out!
The logo is so cute on the brown box outside, and my 3 year old immediately proclaimed it was a present for him when I brought the mail in for the day. To my surprise, the contents inside of the box were even more adorable.
There were 2 books, and they were each wrapped individually with an amazing quality wrapping paper and even tied together with a cute little twin rope. You can tell each book was wrapped by hand, and that a lot of work went into preparing this little box of cuteness.
My son was so excited because he loves opening presents! I mean, what kid doesn’t? He wasted no time ripping the beautiful paper off of the books, and unveiling each book to me with a huge smile. He couldn’t wait to sit on the couch with me and read the books immediately. The books were both titles I have never head of before, but they’re definitely quality. As weird as it may sound, I couldn’t help but sniff the pages. They smelled like the library and reminded me of how much I loved reading with my parents when I was younger. Something about the smell and the bright colorful pages that were all brand new to me brought me back to my childhood and I thoroughly enjoyed reading each of these to my boys.
The 2 titles we received are;
Harry and Horsie; It has an MSRP sticker on the back side that read $16.99. Being the skeptic I am, I immediately googled the book to see what I can find. Amazon has the hard cover listed at $15 with free shipping if you’re a Prime member.Other sites that pop up are similar in price, so I feel confident I got a great deal with this book alone. These sites also do not ship in the adorable wrapping paper and light up your child’s face like this subscription does.
Squid and Octopus; friends for always: this book didn’t have an MSRP sticker on the back, but after looking it up, it’s another $15 book. This one has a few stories in one book which is cool. The colors are very vibrant and there is a section with a surprise pop out which we loved.
Overall, I am excited to get out next shipment next month and I hope my sons are just as excited to see which books they get and more important, to read.
Spending quality time with my children is what I cherish most and reading to them affords me that uninterrupted opportunity.
If you’re interested in checking out Bookroo for your home, Bookroo has given me an exclusive code to share with my readers to save $4 off your first order (shipping included). They have a few options to choose from as far as month to month or up front monthly bundles. You can also choose to give Bookroo subscription as a gift and if you’d like board books or regular.
I hope your children enjoy this subscription as much as mine do.